What Personal Information Do We Collect About You?
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with them or if we are legally required to collect it. We may collect Personal Information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You.
- Registration and check-in. When you register with us to reserve an accommodation at a LPM’s website, we will ask you for certain Personal Information including your name, phone number, email address, home postal address, address of submitted property, password, date of birth, and booking information. You may be asked to provide a picture and ID for identity verification purposes at registration or check-in.
- Third Party Services. We may make available to you at your election the services of third-party service providers, such as luggage storage, extra cleaning service, parking or transfer reservations. When you access these providers via us you may be asked to provide certain Personal Information, such as your name, phone number, address of submitted property, drivers license number, and/or license plate number, which will be used by these service providers in the provision of their services.
- Payment Information. If you make a purchase through our website or email, your payment related information, such as credit card number or billing information, is collected by our third party payment processor on our behalf.
- Communications. If you contact us directly (e.g., via email, SMS, phone call, in-app messaging), we will collect your name, contact details, the content, date and time of your message and any attachments thereto, and other information you may directly provide to us. You may choose to submit your email address and phone number on our Site to receive our updates. You may also provide us with your reviews of our Services or complete surveys regarding our Services.
Information We Collect from Your Interactions with Us.
- Customer service. If you reach out to us with inquiries or requests, we will keep a record of how your inquiry or request was handled. If you contact us via phone, we may record your call for quality assurance, training, and compliance purposes.
Information We Collect Automatically.
- Online usage data. We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies: your domain name; your browser type; operating system type, name, and version; page views; links you click; your IP address; location information; the length of time you visit or use our Services; referring URL; access date and time; mobile device ID; language information; device name and model; and other information about your activities within the Services and communications that we send you. Where required under applicable law, we will only perform such data collection with your consent.
- Property usage data. We automatically collect your LPM stay history (e.g., to identify a return guest). We may also automatically collect information regarding the use of an Accommodation (e.g., when a door was unlocked). We may also use or have access to security cameras in certain common areas of buildings housing our Accommodations (e.g., in lobbies or monitoring public entrances). Where required under applicable law, we will only collect property usage data with your consent.
- Wi-Fi usage data. LPM manages the guest W-Fi network on some of its properties. If you connect to a LPM-managed guest Wi-Fi network offered on our premises, we temporarily log certain information about your connection necessary to provide and secure our Wi-Fi network, such as the IP address and MAC address of the device used to connect to our network, as well as the IP address of the destination to which the device is connecting. We do not access the content of your electronic communications when using our guest Wi-Fi network.
1- Information We Collect from Third Parties.
- Other Members. We may obtain Personal Information about you from another Member who adds you to their reservation. If you are not a Member you will be invited to become a Member. If you are already a Member and accept the other Member’s invitation to their reservation, that reservation will be linked to your account.
- Third party partners and travel services. We may receive your booking information via our partners (e.g., Booking.com, Expedia, Airbnb), such as your name, email address, phone number, information available in your user account with a third party travel service and your LPM stay information (e.g., information on the LPM unit you are staying in).
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To operate, provide, and maintain our Services, to communicate with you about our Services, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill our contract with you, to complete your transactions, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services. We may also tailor our Services and communications on the basis of your Site browsing history. Where required under applicable law, we will only use your Personal Information for such purposes with your consent.
- To contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you relating to LPM or its partners, via email, SMS and phone calls. Where required under applicable law, we will only send you marketing communications with your consent. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- For quality assurance purposes.
- To solicit a review from you.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve the quality and value of our Services, provide you with a better experience, and develop new Services, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To find and prevent fraud and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
3. When We Use Personal Information About You
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your Personal Information only based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example for marketing purposes or to track your online activities via cookies and similar technologies.
- Contract. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Services, for example for account registration and management or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations, or anti-terrorism laws.
- Legitimate interest. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Services. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may employ third party companies and individuals to support our Services. We do not sell or otherwise disclose your Personal Information for purposes unrelated to our Services, unless otherwise described in this Policy or disclosed to you at the time your Personal Information is collected or shared. We may share your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect about you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your Personal Information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service providers. We may disclose Personal Information we collect about you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf, including to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., maintenance services, database management, web analytics, fraud detection services relating to the activity of LPM Users and improvement of the Site’s features), to perform background checks, to send marketing communications, to manage job applications that we receive via the career page on our Site, to aggregate reviews, or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used. We require these service providers to safeguard the privacy of Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Third party travel services, referral services and brokers. When you book an Accommodation via a third party travel service or we receive your Personal Information through a referral service or broker, we may share your Personal Information with such service or broker in order to manage your booking or provide credit for referrals.
- Landlords and property managers. We may share reports with landlords and property managers regarding the use of their properties, such as cleaning reports. Additionally, we may share guest names, email addresses and dates of stay at their properties for security purposes (e.g., to keep out individuals who are not guests). For long term rentals, we may share guests’ name, email address, phone number, ID, date of birth and address with landlords.